Christmas Stress - here's 10 top tips.
1) LIST’S – yes, I encourage you to write a list, that way you’ll easily see what you’ve achieved so far – giving yourself a pat on the back & positive feedback will encourage you to finish what’s left on that list.
2) EXIT STRATEGY – If your visiting relatives that you’re a little uncomfortable with & let’s face it nearly everyone has some of those, plan an exit strategy – I know it’s not the perfect solution, but it will give you an option should Aunty Acid step over the line.
3) If you have the sort of Gran or Grandad that asks AWKWARD QUESTIONS, the type that makes you blush with embarrassment you’ll need to find a coping mechanism because their probably not going to stop at their age – maybe polite shoulder shrugging is acceptable here?
4) If your Mums moaning is driving you mad, take a DEEP BREATH, in through your nose, out through your mouth, repeat five times – it helps to bring your blood pressure down, clearing your thoughts & resetting your brain which will hopefully prevent you from saying something in anger.
5) If you find your EMOTIONS ARE GETTING THE BETTER OF YOU, that overwhelming situation just a short step away – look to the Crystal BLUE LACE AGATE– it helps to ease intense emotions & soothe anxiety. More info available on my website: www.theintuitivepathfinder.co.uk and Instagram @the_intuitive_pathfinder
6) You can also use BACH FLOWER REMEDIES to help with your emotions, these are one of the most effective ways to address your Christmas stress’s. Their website https://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm has extremely good explanations of each remedy & how it can help you.
7) MIND YOUR MIND – in other words think about your thoughts, if your starting out with negative feelings about a situation or family member that’s pretty much what you’re going to get – I know it’s hard but try to find a positive thought about it all – that may be all you need to change the experience.
8) TALKING OF NEGATIVE………. we’ve all experienced that conversation where the person does nothing but bitch about everything, from their life to yours – you find yourself either itching to get away or being sucked into their negative state too…...WALK AWAY……politely excuse yourself & find a quiet corner to breathe, envisage a beautiful waterfall, which you stand under, asking for all negativity to be washed away.
9) DO SOMETHIKNG THAT YOU LOVE – in the run up to Christmas we rarely have the time to think about ourselves, making sure that everyone is going to have a fabulous time can be super stressful, so pop a date in the diary that is just for you – be that lunch with the girls, Afternoon tea with your Mum or a day on the sofa with the latest box set – having something to focus on & look forward to is a great way to help you de- stress.
10) ONE OF MY PERSONAL FAVOURITES……. Enjoy a long, leisurely soak in the BATH. Light candles, play soft music, chuck in a bath bomb or a few drops of essential oil & jump in with the intent of relaxing, slowing down & cleansing any negativity from your system.
10) One of my personal favourites……. Enjoy a long, leisurely soak in the BATH. Light candles, play soft music, chuck in a bath bomb or a few drops of essential oil & jump in with the intent of relaxing, slowing down & cleansing any negativity from your system.